The Digital Darkroom appears to be dying.

Started Apr 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ronny Harris Veteran Member • Posts: 7,132
What can we do?

This forum is not dying, IMO. In fact, it appears to be thriving. If I were the owner of dpreview, I would be pleased with the activity on this forum. I wouldn't want to make any name changes or see it go in a different direction. That being said, I am sickened with it's current status as the rest of you are and am constantly trying to figure out how to fix it.

In the past, we have concentrated on how to turn back the clock and get our "Retouching" forum back...primarily by making a name change for the current forum. Maybe, the answer is to ask for a new forum named the "Retouching" forum. That was the name of the forum that we so dearly loved before, so why get into long debates about what the new forum should be named? When we had a member of the staff's ear, we couldn't agree a name, what should be included on the forum, etc., etc., etc. If I was that staff member, I would have simply walked away shaking my head in disgust. We, therefore, need to avoid debates on who should post what and keep it simple... "We want a new forum named the 'Retouching' forum". So, let's all band together and ask for a new forum named the "Retouching" forum. Nothing more needs to be said. I'm sure that there will be problems in regards to what forum old posts should be placed in, etc., and there will be many gripes about how things are not working out as smoothly as we think they should. We just need to accept the fact that it won't be as easy as just wishing it to be done.

I don't know how to voice our request. If anyone has an idea, let us know.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow