Nikon USB radio shutter release help needed!
I'm getting tired of this IR shutter remote because half the time I'm lacking line-of-sight to the little IR sensors on the camera and it doesn't work. It works just fine if you're standing right behind the camera and just need to take a shot without touching the camera, so I'll still use it for that simple case, but for anyting other than that and it's really annoying.
The problem is that I have a D7000 (one of the cameras that uses the USB port for remote corded or wireless shutter release) and I do tethered capture all the time, so I need the USB port for that.
Now luckily I am using Capture One and there's this iOS app called Capture Pilot ($15) that I can use to remotely control the camera via wifi to C1 when the camera is connected via USB to C1. That would basically solve the problem with tethering, but I still need one for non-tethered shooting also.
1. Which radio remote shutter release do you use? (I was thinking of just getting one of the cheap knockoffs like the Neewer and such.)
2. Is it worth anything for the system to be radio-compatible with the official Nikon remote?
3. Is there any solition for having both the remote and a tether cable plugged into the USB port at the same time for cameras that use the USB port for tethering like the D7000?
4. Are there any shutter remotes that have a PC or 3/4' input sync port that will allow remote flash triggers to fire the shutter as though it were a flash?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%