light leakage reported for 5D MkIII

Started Apr 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
PhilBar Forum Member • Posts: 72
Re: Here's what I did DWIW

I have not had any issues with my camera even though I can replicate the issue as described in the test. I shoot Raw using the histogram on the back of the camera to set the exposure I want. If this is an issue, I would assume people who shoot Raw or and/or use the histogram on the camera that this is not be a major issue. You could compensate based on the histogram. If you shoot to the right of the histogram, a little over exposed without blowing the highlights, post processing would resolve any issue and give you nice results. If you shoot raw you are doing post processing anyway.

I mentioned it earlier in this thread, though my 1D MK IV and 5D MK II do not replicate the problem with the lcd light. As I walk around the room with the body cap, the metering changes which would indicate light leakage somewhere else with those cameras. In my opinion, if you are getting good results I do not think it is a major issue.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cyk
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
cyk
cyk
tmr
cyk
cyk
cyk
cyk
cyk
cyk
(unknown member)
tmr
tmr
cyk
tmr
tmr
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow