1DX images on fickle Canon forum

Started Apr 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Rick Knepper
Rick Knepper Forum Pro • Posts: 16,331
I'll be glad to view and comment on them as soon as Canon

releases a version of DPP that can read the files. I can see the images in Zoombrowser but I can't seem to make it zoom to a 100% enlargement or anything else for that matter. The smallish ISO 6400 image of the Beamer is impressive. But I do not think a well-lit showroom is the best test of high ISO capability (it appears well-lit but maybe it ain't you'd think you'd get more speed than 1/125 with an f5, +1/3 EC & ISO 6400 in an environment that appears this well-lit).

tony field wrote:

Seems to me that this forum is rather stuck on the D800 and (on occasion) the 5D-III. There seems to be essentially no interest what so ever in the 1DX - even the very good test images posted by David Cheok illicit nothing more than a few passing comments.

IMHO, the canon forum pixel peepers have no interest in Canon high-end cameras and how they perform - if it ain't Nikon it ain't no good no how.

Sad times on DPreview's Canon forum.....

For me, David's samples really encourages me to wait for the 1DX to compliment my 1D-IV, 1D-III, and 5D-II system. IMHO, the 5D-III is only a useful upgrade to the 5D-II and will not bring much to the table - even the focus system (and I shoot a lot of low light theatre, dance, and sports photography with the 5D-II without problem.)
--
tony
http://www.tphoto.ca

-- hide signature --

Rick Knepper, photographer, photography never for sale, check my profile for gear list and philosophy.

Rick Knepper's gear list:Rick Knepper's gear list
Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS R Fujifilm GFX 50S Pentax smc D FA 645 55mm F2.8 AL (IF) SDM AW Pentax DA645 28-45mm F4.5 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
pso
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow