The useless Pentax Q

Started Apr 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 36,374
Here's what I would love to see….

but I am not sure Pentax will do it or it that it could be done at the same price:

• new sensor size of the Fuji X10 (as you said, it can be there)

• new tech etc. Bring the ISO 1 stop better. Richer colors at low iso.

• New lens at F1.2 or 1.0 if possible- same effective focal we have now- on the new slightly larger sensor. This last bit is what I am worried- not sure how feasible is that at that size and price. It would allow some DOF control for portraits better.

The idea is to get 2.5-3 stops full ISO's in terms of noise. The Q mount would sing pretty high if they did that.

Eli Allan wrote:

When the Q first came out I was pretty down on the concept, but it is growing on me. I am genuinely tempted to pick one of these up, now that the price has come down. I think the Q is a good start that might really gather a following as new models are issued. There also appears to be space to put a slightly larger sensor behind those lenses. Even a small sensor size increase could make this camera quite appealing. As far as build and controls it blows Nikon's 1 series right out of the water.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow