My New Car!

Started Apr 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 26,575
My New Car!

Was a little busy this past week with buying a new car - it was that time for me, with my beloved 07 wagon over 5 years old and off warranty, I decided it was still getting good value on trade and the time had come to get a shiny new one. I picked it up Monday after work, and have been playing around with the settings and controls (the amount of customizable settings and programmable/computer features on new cars today is staggering!). So I've been a little quieter on the boards here. I wanted to keep the engine and the all-wheel drive of my wagon, but decided to try a sedan again after 9 years of driving sport wagons - fortunately there is a model that uses the exact same engine and AWD system. I purchased a 2013 VW CC VR6 4motion Executive (no, they don't try to fit all that on the trunklid!)...there are no options - it comes with everything standard like my last wagon did, though 'standard' now includes a whole lot of nice things I didn't have in 2007, like DVD, navigation, air-conditioned seats, 600w stereo, driver's side massage seat, SD card slot, iPod dock and connector, and Bluetooth.

With the day off of work today, I grabbed the A580 and made a few stops while cruising town and visiting friends, taking some photos along the way. The edits are fast n dirty, some taken with in-camera HDR, some lightly tone-mapped - mostly just for fun. Here's the new ride!:

-- hide signature --
 zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony SLT-A68 Sony Alpha a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +21 more
Sony SLT-A58
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Marti58 MOD
al.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow