5D3 vs D800 - A Technical Analysis (UPDATED & EXTENDED) - With Samples

Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
5tve Contributing Member • Posts: 678
Re: serious question: Why are you here?

chironNYC wrote:

5tve,

I am asking this as a serious question. You seem to be a Nikon shooter and a Nikon partisan. So, why are you posting over here on the Canon forum so often? Do you also have Canon system bodies and lenses, or are you planning to buy them?. I just don't quite get the motivation to be here and cheer lead for the d800.

I would be interested to know what appeals to you about posting here.
--
Peter

I'm interested in the comparisons between the cameras I've got my pre-order in for the D800 I expect to buy it unless any glaring problems arise, plenty of good information over here once you filter out the noise.

I cannot stand all the outright lies & misleading information I'm seeing in this forum.
If I spot something wrong & I know the correct answer I'll post it.

What do you object to in my posts if you doubt the facts I've posted check them for yourself Legion5 posted the links himself.
I'm curious why did you post this in this thread

Bob,

You are not in the same technical league as Legion5. This is what he does for a living, at a very high technical level with top photographers. He produces finished graphic images for a living for national campaigns. Try to learn from him. He is offering you something.

Legion5 's posts are riddled with inaccuracies he is either incompetent or he is deliberately posting misleading information.

Conclusions about resolution:

To gain a resolution advantage with the D800 over the 5D3 you must in combination shoot at less than ISO 1600, with primes, a shutter speed of at least 1/2 x focal length(unless your prime has IS or you're using a tripod), and between f/4.0 and f/8.0.

Did he really mean 1/2 x focal length hand held ?

5tve's gear list:5tve's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony a6000 OnePlus One
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow