7D Picture Quality...user error?

Started Apr 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
GeoffE Regular Member • Posts: 124
7D Picture Quality...user error?

I'm getting back into photography and would appreciate some advice on a few pictures I've taken. Hoping these aren't stupid questions!

The shots below were done with EF-S 15-85mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM lens.

I've taken others with EF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 IS USM and obtained similar results.

Using DPP the focus point was the lead deer. I ran into them when driving to the cottage and didn't have time for a tripod so they were free hand. And, I didn't take time to setup as I was concerned they would take off.

When I zoom in and use Elements to make some corrections they aren't as crisp as I would have hoped.

So, is this because I didn't have the correct settings? Or, is this something else that I should look into?

I've read a number of posts on the 7D sensor and would like to understand if what I'm getting is expected and I need to do more post work or I screwed up and if I did what should I do moving forward. Other than likely increase the shutter speed as it may be too low but the deer were statues.

GeoffE's gear list:GeoffE's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +3 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow