D4 upgrade from D3?
Hi all, I have had a chance to spend all of yesterday with my D4 and am starting to like it!!
Coming from my beloved D3 background, I know this has been a really good upgrade for me. I don't regret spending the money. I list the following in order of priority of REAL changes I now have over my D3:
1. Improved autofocus - No doubt at all. It's quicker to initially find and then lock on to a subject. I reckon I'll get subjects now I would never have even tried for before.
2. Processor & buffer - Brilliant...I shot all day and despite my best attempts, never touched or got near the buffer. This camera clears the buffer so quickly, I challenge anyone to beat it.
3. ISO performance - we tested with a D3S and it was about the same. This is an improvement from my D3.
4.16mp - Marginal only improvement...do not expect a huge jump up, it's not there.
5. Sensor cleaning - never had it so it's great.
6. Quiet mode - again, never had it so thanks Nikon!
7. Video - may use it...nice to have.
8. Teleconvertors - could use a 2x on my 500mm f4...nice, if image quality and speed of autofocus is still there...not tried it yet.
Can't process any images to the quality I'd like yet...my RAW software is not upgraded yet, hence no images.
D3 users and lower specification cameras = good value and a great upgrade.
D3S = not so sure, we shoot extreme bird flight photography, so my partner is going for it. Otherwise she was not so sure at all. For her, the autofocus speed and accuracy, incredible buffer etc made it a great upgrade.
Hope this helps any undecided photographers out there.
|Black on White by RaVN11|
|Hummingbird and Bee by dibilio57|
from A Big Year - birds
|xheneta iseni _for DPReview by Mike Slade|
from - My Fair Lady - (Portraits in Full Colours Only + A Border)