Epson r2400 opinions; good choice for Piezography b&w? Complete post

Started Apr 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GlassmanDave New Member • Posts: 5
Epson r2400 opinions; good choice for Piezography b&w? Complete post

Hi, all--I have the chance to buy an Epson 2400 with extra ink and some paper for $125.00, and I'd like your expert opinions about it, with several considerations:

I'm mainly interested in printing B&W, much from scanned 120 negs--will this printer be a good choice?

The printer has been unused for about a year with ink in it--can I expect a lot of headaches getting it going again?

What are your opinions about this printer generally--do you like using it, are you happy with the prints you make with it, etc.

Would this be a good printer to devote to Piezography all B&W inks? I've read a little bit about that system, and it seems appealing. Can you give me a ballpark estimate on what it would cost to outfit this printer with the system( I've tried to find out online, but I can't get the link to their retail site to open on my computer) ?

Thanks in advance for your replies. And I'd like to say, this is my first posting here, but I've been lurking and learning for some time; I'm really impressed and grateful that you folks are so willing to give of your time and expertise to help each other, and newbies like me. I hope to be able to hold up my end, and contribute something worthwhile. Thanks again, Dave

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow