Nikon 135mm f1.8 hopefully Blazing Fast AF? Who plans to buy?

Started Mar 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Hawaii-geek
OP Hawaii-geek Veteran Member • Posts: 8,066
PatMann, 135 f2 fast on the AF ?

PatMann wrote:

With this fast a lens at this focal length I think they will have to go for accuracy rather than speed. The pro zooms get the speed, sorry.

Yes, have that feeling also.
And this would not be a PRO prime , with Fast AF?

Have shot with the new Nikon f1.4 lens ... and for what I do, are a little on the slow side. and the 24mm f1.4 was missing the AF when using the center AF at times the 24-70 f2.8 would never.
So, I do understand the "for Accuracy" thing.

I am "Hoping" Nikon gets it together with this lens ... and applys what they did with the Killer sports lens 70-200mm f2.8 VRII ... and takes it up a notch for it to work on the f1.8. 135mm
My gut says they choose f1.8 for a reason.

and the older 105 f2 is no slouch ,
And was hoping to hear if the 135 f2 is fast on the AF?

Being that this could be "THE" Portrait lens for the D800 ... my guess is Nikon needs to do something Special ... and try to match Volume with the D800.

Just my opinion,
HG

I'm guessing it's no slouch, but no way it will be as fast as the 70-200 unless there's a major jump in the control technology.
--
Pat

-- hide signature --

http://tourist-of-light.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to criticize, make suggestions, and edit any of my photos & re-post, to help show me 'the way'. * I am trying to Elevate the Level of my 'Snap Shots'

Hawaii-geek's gear list:Hawaii-geek's gear list
Sony RX1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha a99 Sony Alpha a7R +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD 4Motioner
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow