5D3 vs D800 - A Technical Analysis (UPDATED & EXTENDED) - With Samples

Started Mar 30, 2012 | Discussions thread
GeoffreyH Regular Member • Posts: 326
Re: Meanwhile, back on planet earth...

Thanks for the comparison Bob. For me, you just made the case for the 5DIII for low light photography. I know you were attempting to do the opposite, but the color noise at higher ISOs in the 800 convinces me that if I were a wedding/portrait or "all-'round" photographer I'd lean toward the Canon.

The basic premise between the 5DII and D800, generally, is now and has been, that the Canon is more suited for low-light and all around photography and the D800 is more suited for landscape and studio. That still holds true. Nothing in this thread (or otherwise) changes that & anyone trying to convince someone that one is "better" than the other is just pi$$ing in the wind.

Any of the two candidates would be an excellent choice. Most of the arguments here are just splitting hairs and are frankly, downright comical — real photographers just go out and take pictures and don't worry or care about what the other guy has or try to convince him/her to come to their way of thinking.

...and now, back to your regular programming.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow