PL 25mm F1.4 VS Panny 20mm F1.7
for portrait use, how different in DOF? I want shallower DOF, but PL25mmF1.4 is way too expensive. But 20mmF1.7 doesn't seem good enough.
please post photos. thanks!
There are some nice comparative shots in the Camera Labs review of the 25mm:
I own (and love) the 20mm and find it great for wider or group portraits, but you will get some degree of distortion for single subject head shots. For that (and shallower DOF) it seems the Oly 45mm is king.
I'm getting there...
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%