D800 and Eye-Fi

Started Mar 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Michael Firstlight Veteran Member • Posts: 3,219
Re: D800 and Eye-Fi

Here is what another photographer wrote me this week about his foray into using this wireless solution (name omitted to protect the innocent):

Regards,
Mike

"I thought you'd like to know I finally updated Nikon Camera Control Pro and now the camera is recognised.

On saturday night I did a small event using all the kit, Nikon D700, laptop, mitsubishi dye sub printer and of course, the"...Wireless-on-a-shoestring connection method".

It all worked splendidly. Didn't make loads of cash but just relieved everything worked OK. I just need to fine-tune the battery wiring and mounting system so things don't wobble about so much. I bought a second usb wireless system second-hand off eBay for £20 as a standby but didn't need it. For the power supplies I have a standard plastic battery box with 4 AA Ni-Cad batteries and the standby supply is the 5v. Energizer Lithium ion cellphone portable charger.

It was a treat to watch the images pop up on the laptop a few seconds after taking and most folks were amazed to see it and seconds later be able to take home a print."

Regards

Michael Firstlight's gear list:Michael Firstlight's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow