PowerSovel-II : new RAW converter

Started Jan 4, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ML Regular Member • Posts: 414
PowerSovel-II : new RAW converter

Hi all,

in my free time and for own use, I have written a converter program that can read CRW files from the following Canon camera's :
PowerShot S30, S40, S45, G2 and G3 and from EOS D30 and D60.

The program is based on the the previous PowerShovel software wich was written by Rado for the G2; The code for the decoding of the different camera's came from Dave Coffin, and the sharpening came from Vtie.

I added some extensions like another interpolation method and a highlight rescue routine. I also added a build-in color profiling to sRGB, that can easily be extented to any workspace you like (instructions in the readme.doc).

Since the code of the crw format is not made available by Canon, the decoding of the white balance fields for all the different types of camera's is not available for all settings; The settings for the G2 and the D60 are well known, and we know the least of the G3 / S45.

If you want to try it, you can download it from the website of my good friend Mike Finn, at this address :
http://www.southwest.com.au/~finn/ps2.html

I ask also volunteers, who wants to mirror the download on their web space, since the current page will dissappear in some time.

Happy conversions,

Luc Minnebo

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ML
ML
ML
ML
Moz
ML
Moz
ML
ML
ML
Moz
ML
ML
ML
ML
ML
ML
ML
ML
ML
ML
Moz
ML
Moz
ML
ML
ML
ML
ML
JMD
ML
ML
ML
ML
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow