Very few professionals will change from Canon to Nikon

Started Mar 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
BadBeta Regular Member • Posts: 454
Re: Very few professionals will change from Canon to Nikon

My current laptop (which btw is latest generation) is just barely handling 21MP RAW pictures, let alone 36MP RAW. Switching to such big file would prove to be difficult, given the technology currently available.

Your laptop can't be working correctly. I regularly use a laptop from about 2008, and if needed that handles 21MP raw files with an attitude. (Then again its' screen isn't anywhere near the color precision of my desktop, so I prefer the desktop). 36MP would not be a problem at all. To say that technology isn't available to handle 36MP files is just plain wrong, and you know it.

Given the un-necessaries of high MP files, and also workflow process requirement, D800 is a better camera for me for the type of shot I do.

Strange logic, but fair enough.

D800 wows a lot of people with it's MP count, but in reality Nikon created a monster than would require absolute best quality lens, which is another burden on budget. It require iron hand holding as it's revealing to any blur.

As for the hand holding it wont reveal any more blur than your current camera, but it will do so in better resolution. As for the lenses the overall result will be better for all of them, and at the very worst equal to a lower resolution sensor.

Why a new user without the need for high FPS should pay extra to make sure their image quality is equal to the worst case scenario of a lower priced camera is beyond me.

Don't be afraid of the mexapixels - they are good for you!

BadBeta's gear list:BadBeta's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital II Ricoh GR Digital III Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow