Considering the Carl Zeiss 24mm

Started Mar 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gary H Senior Member • Posts: 2,328
Re: Considering the Carl Zeiss 24mm

tesilab wrote:

I would boil it down to a very stark choice:

Which do you value most, the IQ of the final image, or a better shot at catching the fleeting moment? I love the look of the images that come out of the X100, especially the high ISO photos in comparison with everything else.

If you are good at capturing the moment with the X100, you might want to stick with it.

or if you want both IQ and speed get the NEX-7. Try your NEX-7 at high ISO and then downsize it to the same pixel dimensions as the X100 and see what the difference might be. I love the X100 viewfinder, sealed lens/sensor and the smaller size, but I'm not so sure that your argument regarding IQ will stand up to the comparison. The X100 holds up amazingly well against the NEX-7, but I will disagree with your suggestion that it bests the NEX-7 with regard to final image quality. I should state that I'm a RAW only shooter, so can't speak to JPG comparisons.. and Fuji is great with their JPEGs... at least that is my understanding.

Gary H's gear list:Gary H's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS-1D Mark III Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a7 +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow