NX200 FW 1.04 Raw SRW Bits/Sample now 12

Started Mar 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
snake_b Veteran Member • Posts: 4,680
Re: NX200 FW 1.04 Raw SRW Bits/Sample now 12

Don't forget that Daniel1977 made the announcement to the forum and he acts in the capacity of a Samsung representative here. Apparently, he got one of his contacts to give him a Korean to English translation, he had the FW in use already, and basically exemplified why he, nor Samsung can be trusted with their information and FW releases. This is a HUGE part of the problem now. They band-aided one problem and created another.

Delos wrote:

I agree that Samsung should have, at least, identified the bit rate reduction in their description of the update. It would be nice to allow the user to choose 12 or 14 bit (even though I don't believe anyone would be able to tell the difference), if the .jpg inclusion in the RAW file is bloating the file - get rid of it, and please license the DNG format (if a license is required).

I'd really like for some of the responders who have not updated (or are willing to go back to the older version) to shoot some reasonable comparisons and let us see what difference it makes in the "real" world. These academic arguments are interesting, but nothing beats evidence. I learned a long time ago that I can see better than I can hear, so, please...let's see something to prove the argument.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
PDM
PDM
PDM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow