B&H not an authorized Nikon dealer?

Started Mar 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
ne beginner Senior Member • Posts: 2,149
I doubt this .... very much ....

... In fact I'd say this was a BS story your local guys use. The local guys hate B&H and mail order in general. B&H does way too much volume, has way to good a return policy, and, in my experience (and that of countless others), has never sold be an open and returned item. Like the local camera store does all day long.

That said, being an authorized dealer is not always what it's cracked up to be. There may be a fee or requirements that B&H does not want to anti up for. The re-seller's reputation is more important I think than a label or list that you can purchase a place on.

I work for a major consumer products company, and we have over the years stopped using professional association labels or icons on some products because of the cost to use those labels. We also found that in some cases associations will take the cash, even if the product does not meet their criteria, or even the product's claims. Perhaps not quit being an authorized dealer, but could be something along the same lines.

ne beginner's gear list:ne beginner's gear list
Nikon D750 Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow