The new E-P2 arrived

Started Mar 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jazzbass62 Senior Member • Posts: 1,728
The new E-P2 arrived

Is new the right word to describe a camera model released in late 2009? Frankly, I'm really happy that Olympus continues on selling these older vintage cameras... The price was right at $249 (Brand new, body only) with Olympus warranty. It was in a box with all the cables, software, charger, etc except for the 17mm kit lens which had been removed by the vendor (Cameta).

I'm very pleased with it - compared with my E-PL1, I immediately noticed the right-hand grip space felt very roomy and I liked that. I'm happy not to have the little red-dot movie button there by my thumb. I also appreciate the additional buttons with various functions. I don't really miss the flash - I'll likely get some sort of add-on flash that can stand in when warranted. The level feature is very cool. I miss setting up the SCP being explicitly part of the CUSTOM D menu (CONTROL SETTING sub-menu) as on the E-PL1 but it's easy enough to just remember to punch INFO and then not go back to the LIVE CONTROL on the E-P2.

So I slapped on the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 and went out to the garden to get a late-afternoon, obliquely lit photo of a camellia. I'm think I'm going to enjoy the E-P2, it'll make a nice companion to the E-PL1!

Soon my GF-1 with 14-45mm (along with my LX5) will go up on eBay as I find I'm inexorably gravitating to Olympus m4/3 these days.

-- hide signature --

Cleve

jazzbass62's gear list:jazzbass62's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow