K-01 daylight flash problem (cross-post)

Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Russell Evans Forum Pro • Posts: 12,617
Re: More tests this morning

Baxter Bad wrote:

Also, I have an AF-200 coming next week.

If it's not too late, you might want to try the Metz mecablitz 24 AF-1 on the K-01 first to see it it works on the new body. Just make sure to buy from a retailer that will take returns. It has a tilt head over the AF-200, as well as only needing two AA batteries to the four of the AF-200. I think the pricing is pretty close, US $90 for the Metz. What you lose is the full manual mode of the AF-200.

I have a Rokinon knockoff version of the Metz, that works really well on the K10/20D cameras, but doesn't work on the K-5. I would think the Metz wouldn't have any issue on the new cameras, but I don't know this for a fact. I also have the AF-200. I prefer the knockoff as it is a much smaller flash and the tilt is pretty nice to have. I really wish the knockoff would work the K-5.

The AF-200 is about like holding a baseball in your hand, the knockoff is more like holding a shortwave mic in your hand. If that gives you any idea of the size and weight differences.

http://www.amazon.com/Metz-MZ-24317PS-Digital-Cameras/dp/B004Q9SXSW

Thank you
Russell

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow