K20D- Is it just me?

Started Mar 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
DAVID MANZE Veteran Member • Posts: 4,630
Re: K20D- Is it just me?

Hi guys,

I think I will continue to use my K20 in conjunction with the K5 as I still like it a lot. For me the saving grace of the K20 is the DR, it is that the stopped all further usage of my earlier Samsung GX10 (same as the K10) which without underexposing couldn't cope with the harsh light here in the south of France. I shoot in RAW and with the GX10 it was always a balancing act between noise and burnt highlights. Also the K20s shadow detail is very good,it's the first DSLR where I could get good shadow/highlight detail and a full range of tones.Point and shoots have a hard time here§

The K5 seems to have very good DR, I overexposed a scene of hireboats all very white plastic, by 1.5 stops,when looked at the RAW images, all the graduations of white were still there nothing was burnt out. I'm very happy with that result!
--
Dave's clichés

DAVID MANZE's gear list:DAVID MANZE's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow