Sigma 20 1.8 vs Canon 28 1.8 ??
I've owned Sigma 24mm f1.8 and optically that lens is great. However, AF is awful. I've tried 20D, 40D, and 5D and on all bodies it focused properly at close (macro) range but during a wedding shoot it would miss the focus all the time. After a few weddings I've stopped using it because I couldn't rely on it at all. On static objects (shooting wedding rings, shoes, etc.) it was great.
Even more, on 5D when using AF assist beam the lens would SEVERELY front focus and if I've turned the flash off it would focus better.
After a while I've realized that I can't use such lens and I've got rid of it. It is unfortunate, because I really liked the build and the optics.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4