K-01 daylight flash problem (cross-post)

Started Mar 21, 2012 | Discussions thread
Baxter Bad
OP Baxter Bad Regular Member • Posts: 158
Re: It would be helpful to have access to the exif data.

Russell Evans wrote:

Baxter Bad wrote:

Sorry about that, it was at ISO 200, 1/60, f/5.6. Chosen by the camera (taken in full auto mode).

The values you've given are for and EV10 environment. Is that about right for the scene? Is there a DOF preview on the K-01? You should activate it to make sure the lens is stopping down. My K10D had an issue with the aperture arm where it wouldn't stop the lens down, so everything was taken wide open even though the settings were being calculated correctly. I had a few that looked like your post until I figured it out. The K10D was my first SLR, so I had a lot to learn.

Are you sure the lens on the camera had full contact with the camera? If the A pin got loose and lost connectivity, the flash would fire at full power. This is with the on board flash correct? We're not working with an external flash?

That's it for my ideas of what it could be wrong with the camera and if it isn't a software issue.

Thank you
Russell

Hi Russell, thanks very much for jumping in. It does seems like the lens isn't stopping down. But I've tested four lenses (Ltd primes, all nearly brand new) with the same result. As for DOF preview, isn't the K-01, as a live view camera, always showing the DOF (or at least a simulation of it)? Right now I'm baffled and just hoping for another K-01 owner to check if they can duplicate the problem, but there don't seem to be any other K-01 owners on the forum.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow