K20D- Is it just me?

Started Mar 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
Gerry Winterbourne Forum Pro • Posts: 13,191
Re: K20D- Is it just me?

jamesm007 wrote:

I was looking at a magazine in my Doctors office I saw a bunch of really nice pics for a photo-contest. The pics were superb. Then I read it was a cellphone camera contest and I fell off his chair I really could not believe what I was seeing. In the contest they stated this proves its not the camera but the person behind the camera that determines the quality or artistic worth of a photo. IMO there is also a certain quality level for color pics. All P/S of today exceed that quality level.

That's true up to a point, James - but only up to a point. If the nature of the scene is within the capability of the gear used - not excessive contrast, not very wide or very distant etc - then a good photographer can get a good photo with any camera. Where the more advanced cameras win is when the scene gets more tricky.

This is true all the way up the line: most of the time (as we read in many threads) an APS-C camera produces results as good as FF; FF usually can produce results as good as MF. But the best MF beats the best FF beats the best APS-C beats the best P&S.

-- hide signature --

Gerry

First camera 1953, first Pentax 1985, first DSLR 2006
http://www.pbase.com/gerrywinterbourne

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow