K20D- Is it just me?

Started Mar 15, 2012 | Discussions thread
jamesm007 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,660
Re: K20D- Is it just me?

moving_comfort wrote:

I agree, I've kept my K20D and use it constantly. I'm considering an upgrade to the K-5 replacement, but the K20D (and K100DS before it) is just a solid camera that provides beautiful images.

+1

I was looking at a magazine in my Doctors office I saw a bunch of really nice pics for a photo-contest. The pics were superb. Then I read it was a cellphone camera contest and I fell off his chair I really could not believe what I was seeing. In the contest they stated this proves its not the camera but the person behind the camera that determines the quality or artistic worth of a photo. IMO there is also a certain quality level for color pics. All P/S of today exceed that quality level.

Prior to my K20D I owned the Samsung GX10 (same as Pentax K10) I could not find the battery grip for it in the USA. So I used the GX10 for about one year with no grip. When I bought my K20D over three years ago at a local store here in Michigan I bought the battery grip at the same time. I put that grip on and never took it off. The K20D with grip fits my hands perfect. Very solid, tight grip. So with over a years use on a K10D and over three years use with a K20D I can say for sure I prefer the K10/20 bodies with grip versus without. My fingers want to be in front not under the camera; but holding the camera with a solid grip.

The K20D has given me over three years and over 53,000 pics of great service. I have never ever taken out the battery except to charge it. I have used my K20D in all kinds of weather, rain, rain storms, snow storms. Pentax sealed bodies are no among the best for WR.

I have enough tripods, mono-pods, flashes on/off camera, filters (+ Cokin), ball pan/tilt heads, lens going from 10mm - 300mm (15mm - 450mm), and the K20D. I am the limit of my gear; the gear is not my limit!

If those people could take such fantastic pictures with their cellphones this reinforces to me I should be able to do a lot with what I have.

I am not saying people should not upgrade.
I am not saying a K-5 can not take a pic where the K20D would not be able.

I am saying I still really enjoy my K20D, its lots of fun.

jamesm007's gear list:jamesm007's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
wll
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow