Capture One for NX200 -- that is my choice

Started Mar 18, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
HankK
HankK Regular Member • Posts: 389
Capture One for NX200 -- that is my choice

For the last few days I have been trying Capture One and comparing it to LR4 for my NX200 work. I am focused on shooting family members indoors with flash and natural light and outdoors in full sunlight and shade. I only shot RAW.

I am finding that I like the Capture One results much better. The skin tones are more true to life and just nicer. Noise is handled better. The pictures have a bit more punch and just a touch more fine detail. And most of all, I do not have to do much of anything -- they just come out fully cooked. At most a little exposure adjustment (and that is mostly me getting used to my NX200).

With LR4 and LR3 I always have to do extra clarity, sharpness, and often noise reduction adjustments. And they still do not match the skin tones that C1 just generates.

I know you want me to post comparisons but these are my family shots and I have to keep them off the web to keep peace in the family.

By the way, the NX200 is besting my Fuji X100 big time -- if only I could get flash sync at higher speeds on the NX200. The Fuji may be on ebay or dpreview before long. Maybe the NX20 will have HSS.
--
Hank K
Samsung NX200 Kit, Fujifilm X100 (former 5DM2, GH2 Kit shooter)

Canon EOS 5D Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow