Olympus OM-D (EM-5) comparison samples are now.. (continued)

Started Mar 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
bobn2
bobn2 Forum Pro • Posts: 61,122
Re: Bob, don't push it or they might ban you..

stimmer wrote:

It would be easier than continually having to explain themselves.

It's happened before, but I don't think (or at least I hope) that they don't work like that any more.

Why do they owe you anything? Just because you think the EM5 sucks or Olympus isn't your favorite brand doesn't mean they should have to slave away to keep proving things to you.

They don't owe me anything at all, but as reputable journalists they rather have a duty to their readership to explain themselves. And, BTW, I don't think that the E-M5 sucks, and as brands go, I have quite a soft spot for Olympus (as opposed to a hard on for it, which some other seem to have).

They do an exceptionally good job on here, probably the top review site in the world on this stuff.

If that's the case, they can hardly be worried about explaining how they are the best, can they?

Just because the results make you feel inadequate doesn't make them wrong.

Your premise is false, and my feelings of adequacy or otherwise has no effect on their correctness.

Let the men do their job and move on.

I'm not stopping them doing their job. In fact constructive criticism usually helps people to do a better job.

If you don't like the results then go to another site where you agree with their methodologies more.

If you don't like me being on this site, why don't you go to another site where I am not? Sauce for the goose, and so on.

Maybe DXO has a forum you can attend.

No. Besides, it is unlikely to have the fanboys and other misinformers for me to put right, ins't it.
--
Bob

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJL
MT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow