5dIII a DUD for landscape photographers

Started Mar 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
David Franklin Senior Member • Posts: 1,157
Re: Here's 15 advantages over the MarII for landscape and studio

carlk wrote:

The thing matters most for landscape photographers is how much details the camera can show. Most of the things mentioned by the previous poster don't matter at all when you put the camera on tripod which I don't think he even know.

technic wrote:

are you are landscape photographer? I guess not, because then you would see that most of these improvements are not relevant for landscape work, or so tiny that no one will upgrade because of them.

Good grief, I must have spent the last 35 years as a professional photographer, the last nine or ten years shooting only digital capture, in complete ignorance of how photographs are shot. Actually, I do know what matters to landscape and studio photographers; the advantages I cited apply equally to cameras on tripods and handheld, and they will increase, either directly or indirectly, apparent detail in both larger and smaller prints. Finally, I, for the life of me, am baffled by both of your replies that seem to indicate that you either ignored precisely what I wrote or have so little imagination as to not understand how it applies. Please try to think about your answers a little more next time you reply.

Regards,
David

-- hide signature --

Keep learning; share knowledge; think seriously about outcomes; seek wisdom.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MM1
(unknown member)
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow