5dIII a DUD for landscape photographers

Started Mar 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
technic Veteran Member • Posts: 8,932
Re: 5dIII a DUD for landscape photographers

Hondo Lane wrote:

What did the 5dIII give to the landscape / studio photographers over the 5dII - ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. NADA. NADA. NADA. If you think about it, why would a landscape photographer considering Canon buying a 5dIII???

fully agree, but as you see this opinion is not allowed on the forum. Landscape photographers don't matter because they don't make money with their images, it's all about the wedding shooters and their 8 fps these days

I don't think I will move to Nikon right away, and I'm willing to give Canon some time to come up with something better for landscape / nature / travel photographers. But my impression is that is not going to happen (or only at an outrageous price). Seems I might even make money trading my Canon lenses for Nikon stuff. Nikon tele primes are often cheaper now and still good enough for me, and for WA it would be either the Nikon 14-24 or maybe a Zeiss prime so no paint there either.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MM1
(unknown member)
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow