El cheapo bag takes E-PL3 underwater!

Started Mar 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
ShatteredSky
ShatteredSky Senior Member • Posts: 1,812
Re: Wonderful results, Sky

Hen3ry wrote:

Not too shabby? Quite satisfied? Not shabby? Quite? Wow! You ought to dancing in the streets! Some beautiful pix there (I checked through the site).

Thanks for the positive comments. Well, I am satisfied that this small fun camera provided a quality like this, though it is far from DSLR territory. I even got some of those images published scientifically.

So I am indeed a little proud of this. But, as I said most depends on your technique, i.e. getting your body steady in the slightest of waves and holding your breath for at least 30 seconds. I have to learn real diving, then it gets a lot easier (keeping steady that is). So far I can only get down to about 6-10 m, but at this max I have nearly no time to take images.

And that little cam has the advantage of flash. It's looking like a better plan, all right.

The funny thin is I did nor see a lot of creatures and details during the snorkling expeditions, only later on screen at 50-100% view. This is thanks to the built in flash, and the automacro. I even could do some short so-so HD videos underwater (Stingray, crab eating etc.).

And, of course, holding on to the rocks. Yes. Gloves. Or a glove. Better get one. The maritime equivalent of Michael Jackson!

Well, in coral reefs this is not a good idea I guess, since one would damage the corals. And of course there are a lot more poisonous animals around than in the Mediterranean.

Cheers

Claudius

-- hide signature --

"Blue for the shattered sky"

ShatteredSky's gear list:ShatteredSky's gear list
Olympus XZ-2 iHS Panasonic LX100 Samsung NX300 Olympus E-PL7 Samsung NX500 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow