5dIII a DUD for landscape photographers

Started Mar 14, 2012 | Discussions thread
MLWestphal Regular Member • Posts: 203
Re: 5dIII a DUD for landscape photographers

I am amazed that so many feel that the fact that Canon "only" went for 22MP is such a disappointment. Lets be honest here, how many print anything beyond 16x20? I actually do. I've printed many 20x30, used to decorate the house, my classroom and mostly as gifts but I've also sold. I've shot the Grand Canyon, Painted desert and others with the 5D II and have had no problems with the prints despite some cropping. The upgrades that were done addressed things that make what was a great camera (mainly for landscape) even better (macro and sports). Would more MP's have been fun? Sure. Are they really needed? I honestly don't think so for most. The speed, better weather performance and cleaner images will mean more...... In a few months I'll buy and hand the 5D II over to my studio art student daughter......
--just my 2 cents.
--

Enjoy playing with photography...landscape, astronomical, wildlife (especially insects and spiders).

MLWestphal's gear list:MLWestphal's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MM1
(unknown member)
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow