Want to 'downgrade" from D700 to D5100

Started Mar 11, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP Digital Click Regular Member • Posts: 337
Re: Want to 'downgrade" from D700 to D5100

Hi Brian

first of really like your gallery - were these taken with D5100?

I can see you understand my need, reluctant as it is, I feel to keep on enjoying photography I may need to adopt this route. I am not sure what you mean by Cotton Carrier on the chest?

I also had a 17-55 lens for a while but sold it when I xchanged for D3s with the D7000 but that is a greta lens but again too heavy now. However prior to Nikon I had a Canon 40d with the Canon version of the 17-55 F2.8 which also had image stabilisation - that was one of the best lenses I have had - better than Nikon version but nothing can beat the 14-24..

Beginning now to think of 18-105 or 16-85 and 55-300.

God I hope I don't regret this..

TK

I think the D5100 would be a great choice for you. I also have mobility problems and can no longer kneel down or squat so the angled finder is a huge help. I also have a D3 but the weight of it has become a serious problem so, like you it is reserved for what I would call set piece photography, tripod, interiors etc. To go out with the D5100 is king and I get extra benefit by using a Cotton Carrier on the chest. With that you can barely detect the weight of the D5100.

I got it with the kit lens because it was a WEX clearance offer but only use it for video. Although it adds a bit to the weight I walk around with my 17-55 which is a lot sharper.
--
Brian
Fine Art Print sales of the Isle of Skye at:
http://www.eyeofskye.co.uk/

Digital Click's gear list:Digital Click's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Df Nikon D750 Apple iPhone 6s
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow