Can we please stop saying 'The camera doesn't matter'?

Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ijustdontknow Regular Member • Posts: 212
Re: Michelangelo, Sistine Chapel and 4" brush

eddyshoots wrote:

eNo wrote:

eddyshoots wrote:

eNo wrote:

I'm sure he could have done it, couldn't he? I'm sure you'll say he could have. We'll never really know, but I think must of us would notice that, yes, the brush did matter.

Now re-read what you wrote about cameras, and turn it into a brush argument.

Look, again I see what you are trying to say...but you are coming at it from such a techno weenie point of view.

Well, you sure know how to end the conversation. Congratulations.

Jesus Christ! I know some people here have no sense of humor....but I thought you did. I'm sorry. (it's like walking on f'n eggshells around here)

-- hide signature --

eddyshoots

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!

Same argument. Michelangelo was an outstanding painter. He could have painted a masterpiece with a 4" brush. Just because he used a smaller brush to paint the sistine chapel doesn't mean he was a better artist with a smaller paint brush (insert high tech gizmo name here).

And, if I painted with the same brush Michelangelo used, it would not make me a better artist.

Therefore, I continue to contend that paintbrush does not matter. In the hands of a good artist, different paintbrushes can produce different results.

ijustdontknow's gear list:ijustdontknow's gear list
Nikon D90 Olympus PEN E-PM1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
eNo
tko
eNo
eNo
eNo
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
eNo
Mako2011 MOD
eNo
Mako2011 MOD
eNo
eNo
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
eNo
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow