5d III review by Jeff Ascough

Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Vance Zachary Veteran Member • Posts: 5,168
Final punctuation point...

No doubt Ascough is influenced by the fact that Canon gives him an advanced copy of a yet to be camera model and pays him to write a review. If Canon did that to me, I probably wouldn't mention very much bad either. Also Ascough is a wonderful professional photographer, not a professional camera tester.

But bearing these things in mind, I am looking for subjective hands-on "first impressions." I can get all of the objective data from the Canon website. I am looking for what a working pro photographer's "first impressions" are.

He can change his mind later after using the camera for a while but I don't think Jeff was out to mislead. You just have to take everything you read with a grain of salt, even subjective impressions by posters on these forums.

I appreciated the article and am looking forward to getting my hands on the camera and seeing how it works for me.

michaelbs wrote:

http://blog.jeffascough.com/photographers/2012/03/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-review.html

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow