I just saw 5dmk3 and Nikon D800 samples on their official sites and I'm...

Started Mar 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
John Sheehy Forum Pro • Posts: 20,071
Re: I just saw 5dmk3 and Nikon D800 samples on their official sites and I'm...

Skip M wrote:

But it's 2 stops behind the 5D mkIII in ISO capability. I have to decide which is more important to me. And, frankly, ISO capability is more important. Also, if the D800's sensor behaves like that of the D7000, you lose all of your DR addvantage by ISO400, according to DxO. It seems to drop precipitously from ISO100 to ISO 325 or so, and actually drops below that of the 5D mkII and D700 from there on, if only by a little bit. I spend most of my time shooting at ISO200, so it would still have an advantage over those two cameras, but as soon as I moved indoors, it would lose that advantage.

By the way, if, as you often assert, smaller pixels result in lower noise levels, why is it that the SNR of the D700 is lower than either the D7000 or the 5D mkII?

You seriously need a vacation to reboot your brain. You are showing no sign of understanding anything here. It was just explained to you about sensor size differences, and you come back with a retort which totally ignores sensor size differences.

A FF sensor collects as much light at ISO 2250 to 2560 as an APS-C sensor collects at ISO 1000, AOTBE.

-- hide signature --

John

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow