It's BACKUP time!!!!

Started Jan 1, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Thomas Gardner Veteran Member • Posts: 6,473
It's BACKUP time!!!!

Just a loud thoughtful reminder to take the time to back up all your irreplaceable images today.

I just finished:-)

If you don't have a CD burner, get one. They're cheap compared to the feeling of loss you'll experience if you don't take the time to install and use it to back up both your computer system HDD and a seperate CD or ten to backup your images onto.

Myself? I have a simple desktop system. Two HDD's of the same size with Norton's Ghost to mirror the one drive over to the second back up drive. Should something happen to the first drive, no biggie. A new drive is installed, fomatted and the information from the D:/ drive is mirrored back over to the newly installed C:/ drive via the 1.44 meg floppy at the DOS prompt.

For image backup, I place a new disk in the drive. Select the number of folders that can fit on the CD-R and hit record. When that's done, I go down the file list until all the image folders are backed up. Disks are so cheap that they're now throwable, so you don't have to save the disks. Just throw the old one away after making a new set and you can use the same jewel cases over and over again.

Please, for those that don't have a backup plan. GET ONE!!!!!

Hope this friendly reminder saves someone from a terrible loss.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JC
MKW
MKW
MKW
Lew
Lew
Lew
Lew
MKW
MKW
JCW
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow