Sony announced shortage supply Zeiss 24mm

Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
sean lancaster Veteran Member • Posts: 7,308
Re: Sony announced shortage supply Zeiss 24mm

I'll likely be returning mine to Crutchfield soon as well. I am not blown away with the low light performance handheld shots and 24mm is not a focal length that I desire too much after all. I have seen some amazing shots with the lens, but I am much more inclined to shoot with the SEL 50/1.8 and a 30mm would be a welcome addition to my collection. That's just me.

I was traveling for 3 of the last 7 days and didn't take the Zeiss 24, so I've only had it really for about 4 days. That's hardly enough time to really test it, but my keeper rate is not really any different than when I was shooting with the kit lens. Could just be the types of shots I shoot, perhaps. I have seen some terrific photos with the Zeiss posted here, but the same could be said for the kit lens. The photographer certainly makes a big difference.

I am now thinking of putting my Zeiss on Ebay even though I still have over 50 days to return it to Crutchfield. I had no clue the shortage would hit a days after I purchased it. Hmmm. On the other hand, if something goes wrong then I'd hate to deal with Ebay and PayPal and the seller fees and potential bad buyer, etc. In fact, the $100 I could make would be eaten up in fees, I think. I just hate Ebay and I just changed my mind (see, panpen's post). I put it on Craigslist for $1,100 and cash only. We'll see if I can make $100. If not, look for it as an open box at Crutchfield.

atanphotography wrote:
Shawn, you might be able to make 200 more by selling it on ebay.

Shield3 wrote:

Well, for anyone who is interested, I returned mine to Crutchfield today.

It was a $899 open box lens. I found no problems with this other than I just wasn't blown away by it. It should be back to them by the end of the week, and you can pick one up for $899.

Shawn

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha a7R II Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28mm F2 +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SDF
MT
SDF
(unknown member)
MT
SDF
(unknown member)
SDF
MT
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow