I just saw 5dmk3 and Nikon D800 samples on their official sites and I'm...

Started Mar 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
A-Frame Regular Member • Posts: 295
Re: I just saw 5dmk3 and Nikon D800 samples on their official sites and I'm...

The Nikon image of trees covered in snow does not look over-sharpened to me on my iMac 27" monitor. Are you describing the high contrast snow cover on the tree branches in the foreground?

Skip M wrote:

maboleth wrote:

Those particular shots that I chose were shot in different atmospheric conditions, I'll take it. However there are many Nikon-Canon samples that were shot under the same ambient conditions - outside.

Take a look at these:

Yes, it's d800E, but those look like several light years ahead of what 5dmk3 seem to deliver. And the fact that it came from 36mpx sensor is so breathtaking...

So, until I see REAL samples and real reviews, I think of this:

We have a 36mpx camera that squeezes every drop of pixel detail out of the sensor and lens for 500$ less! :-/

Canon... CANON??! Hello?

If this is any example:

maybe Nikon should have stuck with the AA filter. The tree branches have a very over-sharpened look to them, and the snow on the mountains is very blown out. Frankly, in different ways, it's not a whole lot better than the dreadful Canon shot of the Slovenian countryside.
Skip M
'Living in the heart of a dream, in the Promised Land!'
John Stewart

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow