Insane pricing... Canons new attitude

Started Mar 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ken53 Senior Member • Posts: 2,035
Insane pricing... Canons new attitude

This is somewhat of a cross post from Canon Talk but since the new 5D was just increased about 30% in price I thought this might be the place to post this.

Canon recently has been raising prices at a faster rate than the economy dictates. Not by a small amount either, but at a rate that has the appearance of: “We are doing it just because we can… “

I love my Canons but I have my limits. Price increases with no justification, is not a friendly way to do business. Canon is walking a dangerous line with this insane pricing. Nikon and Sony could really capitalize on Canon’s new attitude if they want to.

Some early examples of insane pricing.

• 600EX-RT Speedlite $629 (was $499 for the 580)
• EF24-70 2.8 II $2299 (was $1399)
• 1D X (fill in this blank)
• 5d Mark III $3499 (was $2499)
• G1 X $799 ($300 more than the G12)

Anyone have a prediction for the new 7D Mark II, T4i, or the 70D pricing?

I am as loyal a Canon customer as anyone can be, but this new pricing structure has me bitter and second guessing my choice in systems. I am not questioning their quality and dominance in the ranks, I just feel slighted with the insulting price increases.

Ken

Ken53's gear list:Ken53's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS Rebel T4i (EOS 650D / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon PowerShot G12
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
M-L
M-L
(unknown member)
MAC
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow