Comments from Vincent Laforet's blog on 5Dmk3

Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
CBuff Regular Member • Posts: 461
Comments from Vincent Laforet's blog on 5Dmk3

When the 5Dmk2 was introduced, "Reverie" produced by Vincent Laforet was the eye-opener, and created a frenzy around the new camera.

Fast forward 3.5 years, and Vincent seems less interested with 5Dmk3. In this words:

I obviously didn’t choose to thrown my hat into the ring in the quest to shoot a sequel to Reverie for the launch of this camera - and that is due to four main reasons:

1. I find it foolish to mess with a good thing…

2. The specs on this camera don’t necessarily warrant it.

3. No clean HDMI out… why…why…why? (not!?)

4. I thought that the Canon C300 was a bigger leap forward – and therefore chose to throw my hat in the ring to shoot "Mobius" just a few months ago for the Hollywood launch of Canon’s Cinema EOS line at Paramount in Hollywood. Canon’s move into the cinema market was a much bigger development in my book – pretty spectacular given how quickly it happened, following the MKII’s launch a few years earlier. The C300 is in effect the Canon 5D MKII all grown up – but a pure video camera (not a still camera.)

CBuff's gear list:CBuff's gear list
Canon PowerShot S400 Canon PowerShot S70 Canon PowerShot SX30 IS Canon EOS D60 Sony Alpha NEX-5 +3 more
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow