Canon 5D MK III - DOA

Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
PerL Forum Pro • Posts: 13,898
Re: Canon 5D MK III - WOA

Canadianguy wrote:

Guess it depends on what kind of sport but at 6fps and 18 raw buffer - that's a 3 second buffer - should be fine for most sports.

But its a big premium to move up to the 1Dx for the faster fps and bigger buffer.

I also think 18 is okay, but not the 7 RAW+jpeg. The serious sports guys will propably pay up for 1Dx, and even the newspapers guys that occasisionally shots important sports.

PerL wrote:

Canadianguy wrote:

I agree - looks like a winner to me - if I was shooting Canon - I would get a 5D MKIII - just the right amount of pixels - improved sensor for DR and high ISO - great AF system.

What I don't understand is the market position of this camera - who would want to buy a 1Dx at double the price?

The buffer looks a little small if you want to use it for sports. 18 RAWs is maybe ok, but 7 RAW + jpegs?

The 1Dx hasn't even been release yet and the 5D MKIII looks like it has 80%-90% of its capabilities at half the price...

I guess they are copying Nikon on the D3 and D700 marketing strategy but forgot to wait on the second release?

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
MOD TOF guy
ccz
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow