help buying a lens
Get the kit lens
I'm in agreement with this. You don't understand enough about lenses to make an informed choice and that's a recipe for wasting money.
The kit lenses ( 18-55 and 55-250 ) are good sharp lenses suited to general use. They're also cheap.
If you do want a wide aperture lens then consider the 50mm f1.8. Cheap and sharp and a good choice to dabble in wide aperture shooting. Can be found used for what, in lens terms, is buttons.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%