I canceled my 1D-X pre-order on 5D III Specs

Started Mar 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP kiet Regular Member • Posts: 185
Re: I canceled my 1D-X pre-order on 5D III Specs

I totally agree, especially with your marketing propaganda assessment, however I see no point in locking up $6700 for a product that is not ready. I wanted to cancel my order anyway since it's already March and there's no word from Canon regarding ship date and several dealers have removed it from their pre-order system. That alone makes me uncomfortable committing $6000+ so the 5D III specs just made the decision much easier. Low light performance is paramount to me so if it's the 1D-X then I would miss out on the first batch. But if it's the 5D III then I would not have wasted $6700.

I see a lot of negative posts regarding the 5D III. As I mentioned I am very excited about the specs. I want ISO 25600 that looks like ISO 400 film. I don't care about MP count since there are several software that can upres 200-300% with no discernible difference on prints.

ukat123 wrote:

I understand your decision from a cost point of view. But there is no way the 22 mp 5DIII will rival the 18mp 1DX in ISO. So, you may be misguided by the marketing propaganda of their high iso specs of the 5DIII. Specs mean nothing. ...

 kiet's gear list:kiet's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm F3.5-5.6G ED VR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow