Does Ricoh's lack of roadmap mean there is no roadmap?

Started Feb 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
Andrewteee Senior Member • Posts: 2,752
Re: Does Ricoh's lack of roadmap mean there is no roadmap?

sroute wrote:

Andrewteee wrote:

But if I'm honest about it, it may be that Ricoh considers the GXR system complete - a couple of fast primes, macro, a zoom, an m-mount unit... what more would Ricoh really add?

An image stabilized telephoto lensor maybe... Beyond that my top three, no four, wishes are...

Right, everyone wants something, but my point was, what if Ricoh considers the system complete.

I just hope the design influence of the Pentax K-01 does not find its way to the GXR. Equating smaller with "cute" is a mistake in my opinion. I love my plain black serious looking GXR especially with a heavy hunk of serious metal mounted up front. Cutesy-pie designers stay away!

Agreed! But I doubt Ricoh would go for the fashionista consumer. Every now and then they release a unique model (like the white GRD4), but they are based on the more pedestrian designs. Pentax had the precedence of having so many colors available for their DSLRs, but I don't see Ricoh doing that kind of thing.

Andrewteee's gear list:Andrewteee's gear list
Leica Q Ricoh GR II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Panasonic Lumix G Leica DG Summilux 12mm F1.4 ASPH Olympus 25mm F1.2 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow