So Many slow autofocus threads...

Started Jan 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
LTZ470
LTZ470 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,926
Re: Video of NEX-7 focus speed.

Finally watched your vid...an open door with light flowing into it and enough B&W contrast for "any" CDAF camera to focus instantly...???...even the X100....it's the gray areas that will kill the speed and accuracy of the Nex System Af or bright lights shining directly into the sensor...Christmas Lights, Flood Lights etc...

What also tells me the AF can be improved is the inaccuracy of the AF...oft focusing on something other than the subject, now it can be worked around and watched for during normal everyday photos, where it really lacks for me is close ups and macros so DMF or Peaking is required as a work-around for the AF....

As nice as the Nex-7 is and for $1200 USD...it should have faster AF and accurate CDAF....just like Panasonic's....and Spot Metering that folows the Spot AF around the LCD so the focus point is always metered accordingly instead of recomposing or locking AE, this increases the users ability to capture nature close ups, macros, birds at their best in action...

From seeing the slow cycling of the CDAF when conditions are challenging, the AF motors require speeding up as well and the heavier lens elements may well restrict it also, so these can be rectified as well I assure you...we are already paying a premium price for camera an lens, another $100-200 for fast AF and Lens is not going to be a deal breaker at all...

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow