Fuji X-S1 extremely disapointing

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
danny_only Forum Pro • Posts: 11,115
Re: Nothing wrong with the X-S1, if you will use it properly.

DS21 wrote:

jcmarfilph wrote:
Use spot-metering. Play with EV and DR settings.

It is not a toy camera so learn before you whine.

PerH wrote:

Now I finally got my X-s1. Today we had a very nice spring weather here in Sweden.

Therefore it was very fun to test the new camera. Unfortunately, it was extremely disapointing. The camera over expousure in all images. It does not help that minus exposure to compensate for bird photography, for example. Then, the entire image too dark. It also suffer from purple fringing. I do not think the camera to be fully developed by Fuji. Very bad of Fuji on such an expensive model to be called their "flagship"

I take much better pictures with my 7 year old Pana FZ30 or my Fuji HS10. I will return the camera if they can not quickly find a solution for the problem. Excuse poor English.

PerH

-- hide signature --

-=[ Joms ]=-

For $800 dollars this camera should be able to take decent pictures in auto mode. Why mess up the auto modes on the camera to make it a "photographers camera", what that has to do with PASM modes, etc, do they stop working properly on a "photographers camera" if auto mode is designed properly?

Those white bird over mud shots need -ve exposure compensation, regardless of brands of cameras, I have 3 long zoom Panasonic cameras (FZ1, FZ5 and TZ3), I will use -ve exposure compensation in his case, especially when Pattern Metering is used and the bird is occuping a small area of the pictures with relative dark background (same as PerH used when capturing those bird shots). Experienced photographers will dial in some -ve exposure compensation when capturing similar screen, especially when using pattern metering and Auto Mode.

What is the reason for engineering constant + 2/3 EV overexposure in a camera in multi metering mode, and then make default settings which do not protect highlights? Old Fuji bridge cameras certainly did not do that, and were still perfectly usable in PASM modes. Does camera has to be "quirky" to be accepted as "photographers camera"?

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,

Danny

'Close enough is good enough, I just come here for fun:p

Fujifilm Alternate Low Light Solution'

Other Pics
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/yeeonly/

danny_only's gear list:danny_only's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Olympus C-4000 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HZP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow