Fuji X-S1 extremely disapointing

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
danny_only Forum Pro • Posts: 11,115
Re: Fuji X-S1 extremely disapointing

Hi PerH,

If you are talking about the white birds in mud pics. Yes they are over-exposured, tried using some -ev.

I normally shoot white/light colors birds with at least -1/3ev (mainly when shooting with my Panasonic FZ1 and FZ5). In your birds pics, the mud areas were relatively dark when comparing with the white birds, so you will need a large -ve Exposure Compensation (assume you are shooting auto or Aperture Priority mode. The camera try to get a correct exposure of the mud area and over-exposured the birds), OR zoom closer with the birds covering the major areas of the pictures (which in this case, you need less -ve Exposure Compensation).

I suggest you try Auto DR and some -ve Exposure Compensation (less -ve ec when birds covering more areas in the pictures), please also use M size for picture size.

Just my 2 cents.

PerH wrote:

Now I finally got my X-s1. Today we had a very nice spring weather here in Sweden.

Therefore it was very fun to test the new camera. Unfortunately, it was extremely disapointing. The camera over expousure in all images. It does not help that minus exposure to compensate for bird photography, for example. Then, the entire image too dark. It also suffer from purple fringing. I do not think the camera to be fully developed by Fuji. Very bad of Fuji on such an expensive model to be called their "flagship"

I take much better pictures with my 7 year old Pana FZ30 or my Fuji HS10. I will return the camera if they can not quickly find a solution for the problem. Excuse poor English.

PerH

-- hide signature --

Best Regards,

Danny

'Close enough is good enough, I just come here for fun:p

Fujifilm Alternate Low Light Solution'

Other Pics
http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a44/yeeonly/

danny_only's gear list:danny_only's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F30 Zoom Olympus C-4000 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3 +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
HZP
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow