Has anyone abandoned the X10 for the G1X?

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
a l b e r t Senior Member • Posts: 1,662
Re: Someone finally got the eyes to agree

DC Alford wrote:

Your iso comparison shot is very surprising! If this result is repeatable then that is unacceptable from a camera with a sensor the size of the G1X.

Yes, I'm surprised that the G1x's high ISO performance is not up to the size of the sensor. Canon has been behind on this nowadays. Both Nikon and Sony have done better in high ISO department for APS-C size sensor.

I've done numerous other shots with same ISO 400 and compared to my X10, same result. Lots of shadow noise and colors were muted in comparison to X10.

This is much easier to judge because it's there for all to see.

Not only color in regards to skin tone but overall color depth & accuracy as well, also G1X DR is surprisingly bad from this size sensor from what I've seen.

Bingo! The color depth and accuracy of G1x leaves much to be desired.

Me too. For an $800 all in one camera that I have to buy add on lenses, adapters & carry a tripod to even shoot simple semi macro pics is unacceptable. For $800 they should at least include the lens adapter & a 250D in with the bundle.

Marco is virtually nonexistent. For $800, one may think about NEX5N instead.

-- hide signature --

a l b e r t

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7 III +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow