Has anyone abandoned the X10 for the G1X?

Started Feb 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
a l b e r t Senior Member • Posts: 1,608
Re: X10 is the better camera

You probably just looking at G1x images without comparing it to another camera, which also took the same image at the same time I did! I tell you, the lens cannot resolve all the pixels of its 14MP sensor. G1x's major flaw is the lens.

The G1x is supposed to have much better high ISO performance due to the sensor size, but I don't find it to be any better than the X10, especially when X10 is shot using EXR mode.

I also found the skin tone much better on the X10. G1x's skin tone is on the 'flat' side and they tune the algorithm to pull out a lighter complexion on the skin tone. Not realistic and not what the subject looks like at the time of the shot.

Poor macro performance is also a deal breaker for me.

I think for pocketable cam, Fuji took the right approach. Use a smaller sensor, but optimize the lens with a larger aperture.

Photofreak7 wrote:

OK fair enough but this contradicts other sites and shots I've seen. Hey the X10 is about as good as it gets in a 'smallish' sensor camera and the fact that it is even being compared to the G1X is admirable considering the price difference ... I am in no way talking the X10 down - I own it and it's a good effort by Fuji - that 'could have' been great if ya know what I mean.

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X-H1 Sony a7 III +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow